Pests come in many varieties, shapes and sizes but for most there is a solution - in many cases, many solutions.
Pest repellers work in different ways, often depending on the type of pest.
Common methods often employed include:
- high frequency or ultrasonic sound; this can cause discomfort and irritation to the target creature to move it away
- audible sound - creating a shock reaction - to flee from a possibly dangerous situation
- smell or substance that the pest finds unpleasant; this may take the form of a liquid, spray, gel, crystals etc.
- present a physical barrier, to stop the pest gaining access to the vulnerable area
- visual deterrents have been a popular method of pest control down through the ages
Whichever method is employed the required result is always the same, to get rid of or to stop pests causing a nuisance.